Welcome to Modderhood

def. 1 Mod*derhood (mad-der-hud) 1) A mama of multiples with a modern style yet old school values

Friday, December 16, 2011

Merrick's First Tournament

Last month, Merrick had his first Tai Kwon Do tournament.  I could not have been any more proud.  Out of the ten little karate kids in his group, he took home 2nd place!  I watched every kid as he/she competed to see how Merrick compared.  I was blown away.  Merrick was confidant, well prepared, and  his movements were so fluid.


After Merrick had received his trophy, I hugged him enthusiastically and said, "Merrick, you did it!"  He looked at me and said matter of factly, "No, I didn't win first."  Bummer!  I had to tell him a few times how great getting second place at his first tournament is.  


I love how he stepped out of line to proudly show off his trophy.


The Esparza family with their tournament champion!

Here's the video of Merrick "competing" in his tournament:

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for your comments! Your messages make our day!