Welcome to Modderhood

def. 1 Mod*derhood (mad-der-hud) 1) A mama of multiples with a modern style yet old school values

Sunday, March 7, 2010

What a Clown

What part of having twins and a toddler doesn't scream 3 Ring Circus to you? 

When Merrick was 3 months old, I forced him to wear a clown wig while I snapped some adorable pictures of him being terrified.  Let's be real - the very best part of having a newborn is that you can dress him up in all sorts of ridiculous outfits and stage elaborate photo shoots and he can't say a word.  When the twins came along, three years later, I thought it would be cool to put a clown wig on them as well and compare the pics.  I wanted to do it when they were 3 months (just like with Merrick), but at that point I was still in complete baby fog and couldn't spell the word wig let alone break one out.  So, the pics below are a different wig and at 4.5 months for the twins.  Marcos and I both think Sawyer (in the middle) reminds us both of Marlon Brando in this pic.  "Uuuuuggggghhhh...I'm gonna make you an offer you can't refuse..."    

So, yeah, sometimes life with these three clowns feels like a circus, but I love my life and wouldn't trade it for any thing in the world.  Even though most times I feel a lot less like the ring master and a lot more like the dude with a big shovel that scoops the elephant poop.  I love my little poop clowns. 
  


1 comment:

Thanks for your comments! Your messages make our day!